Synaptic Augmentation

Mark Garrow scunizi at cox.net
Thu Jun 15 04:35:56 BST 2006

I hope I'm making this suggestion in the right forum.  If not I
apologize ahead of time.  I'm a new Linux/Ubuntu user since the latter
days of Breezy and am currently running Dapper 6.06.  I see referance to
Edgy which I assume (dangerous to do that) is the next version.  I'd
like to suggest that Synaptic have an additional referance under the
Status button for "user installed programs" that would referance only
the primary program/package the user had installed without listing the
dependancies.  If my HD is packed and I want to get rid of something
I've installed and not used much, maybe even forgotten what the name of
it was, it would be a lot easier to referance.  Unfortunatly, the line
"Installed (local or obsolete) doesn't do this.

Best,
Mark Garrow (Scunizi)
scunizi at cox.net