dist-upgrade wants to install language packages I don't gave about

chantra at debuntu.org chantra at debuntu.org
Wed Jun 7 08:33:25 BST 2006

Hi,

Since I upgraded from breezy to dapper, apt-get dist-upgrade wants to
install spanish, arabic, chinese.. language.
I don't care about those packages, how comes it wants to be installed?
ps: By the way, the automatic upgrade didn't work, so I had to do it by hand.

$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  language-pack-ar language-pack-ar-base language-pack-bn
language-pack-bn-base language-pack-de language-pack-de-base
language-pack-es
  language-pack-es-base language-pack-hi language-pack-hi-base
language-pack-kde-ar language-pack-kde-ar-base language-pack-kde-bn
  language-pack-kde-bn-base language-pack-kde-de language-pack-kde-de-base
language-pack-kde-es language-pack-kde-es-base language-pack-kde-hi
  language-pack-kde-hi-base language-pack-kde-nl language-pack-kde-nl-base
language-pack-kde-zh language-pack-kde-zh-base language-pack-nl
  language-pack-nl-base language-pack-zh language-pack-zh-base
  cenon.app gnustep-base-common gnustep-gui-common gnustep-make
gnustep-ppd kubuntu-live libopenal0 rapidsvn tidy wine
0 upgraded, 28 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/21.2MB of archives.
After unpacking 88.1MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

cheers,

--
http://www.debuntu.org