Ubuntu Census Survey Revisited

Andreas Lloyd lloydinho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 09:40:06 BST 2006

First of all, congratulations on the release of Dapper - excellent work!

As you may remember, a couple of weeks ago I sent out a survey to
examine to gather basic and
relatively valid statistics on the Ubuntu community as whole [1]. So
far, I have received almost 270 valid responses and a good amount of
comments to make the questionnaire more clear and suggestions for
response options that I hadn't included initially. Thank you for
taking your time with this.

I have now prepared a new version of the Ubuntu Census Survey seeking
to integrate the many good suggestions I have received - not only on
the mailing-lists, but also in the forums and in the survey itself.
This new version is very similar to the original, so it will not be
necessary for those of you who responded to the first version to
respond to this new one.

My hope with presenting this new version is that I can gather
developers have responded so far. I hope that now that Dapper has been
released, it will be easier for you to take 15 minutes to fill out the
questionnaire:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=556772191086
(the old Survey link will now refer to this new page)

I expect to analyze this data in time to present the results to you at
the Ubuntu Developers' Summit in Paris in June, and therefore I hope
you will fill out the questionnaire before June 8th at the latest so I
will have time to analyze the data. I will
of course also make the relevant results available on-line afterwards,
for those of you who are unable to attend the Paris Summit.

Finally, I should mention that this survey is the first step in my
anthropological fieldwork in the Ubuntu community, and that I hope to
get a chance to talk to you as developers and members of the Ubuntu
community, both in Paris and throughout the development of the Edgy
Eft. For more information on the nature of this fieldwork, please see
my initial mail of introduction [2]

Feel free to send me any questions or comments that you might have
regarding this survey or my fieldwork in general.

Thank you very much for your help!

Andreas Lloyd
- -
https://launchpad.net/people/lloydinho

PS: Sorry if this may seem off-topic on Ubuntu-devel, but as I state,
I hope to specifically attract the attention of the Ubuntu developers.

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2006-May/018023.html
[2] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/sounder/2006-April/006113.html