Mono required by ubuntu-desktop

Scott James Remnant scott at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 31 12:45:23 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 00:38 +0100, Jamie McCracken wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> > We will ship what we feel to be the optimal tradeoff between resources and
> > functionality.  Note that Tomboy and Mono consume nothing but disk space
> > unless you actually run the application, so you don't need to worry about it
> > on low-memory machines.  OpenOffice.org gets pretty unhappy on such systems
> > as well.
> >

> I know but you missed my point. Why should an efficient app (Gthumb) be
> replaced with one thats considerably more inefficient by default?

Because it's better?

gthumb isn't that efficient, btw...

scott    12070  6.1  0.9 209400 19816 pts/3    Sl+  12:44   0:00 gthumb

> Perhaps make Ubuntu-Desktop only depend on core apps and not more exotic
> stuff like photo management.

I would hardly describe photo management as "exotic", it's probably one
of the core features along with "Instant Messenger" for most non-power
users.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant