Mono required by ubuntu-desktop

Aigars Mahinovs aigarius at debian.org
Mon Jul 31 01:54:28 BST 2006

On 7/31/06, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > >I didn't notice gthumb being replaced.
> >
> > Wasn't there like a policy of only having one programm of a type in
> > the default install to .. hmm .. not confuse the users?
>
> Stick Notes isn't a proper application; it's a panel applet.  We have panel
> applets for all sorts of things, but also ship applications with similar
> functionality because they fill different needs.

I am not quite sure that there is much difference between Tomboy and
the Sticky Note applet for an average user and I after reviewing the
list of panel applets I also could not find an applet that duplicates
functionality of a application that is installed by default. However
that is not terribly important by itself.

> > And now the plan is to have two sticky note applications and two photo
> > managers in the default install? Isn't that slightly confusing?
>
> No authoritative decision has been taken regarding gthumb, and there isn't
> much point in speculating.  Any discussion will take place here.

That is very appreciated.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius at debian.org
  |     .''`.         Debian GNU/Linux              LAKA         |
 |    : :' :      http://www.debian.org  &  http://www.laka.lv  |