Fwd: New ZeroConf Spec

Bruno Abinader brunoabinader at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 03:06:02 BST 2006

Hi all,
I don't know if this is the right place to post it but, anyway, how about
UPnP? As for thousand of router users (that have a shared internet
connection at home) like me it is just a boreness to configure every
computer with a proper port for gaim, amule, and others. What about UPnP
embedded inside network-manager?

[]s

2006/7/24, Dick Davies <rasputnik at gmail.com>:

> > > What does that gain you that WPA wouldn't anyway?
> >
> > WPA only deals with wireless security, while IPSec deals with
> > network-wide security between both wired and wireless hosts.
>
> But doesn't it only help with trusting the host, not the
> service?
>
> If so, it seems like a lot of work for little benefit (since
> IPsec enabled are just as prone to malware as others).
>
> --
> Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
> http://number9.hellooperator.net/

Bruno de Oliveira Abinader
10LE/INdT

--