New ZeroConf Spec

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Jul 23 00:46:50 BST 2006

On 7/22/06, Patrick McFarland <diablod3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Probably not without a firewall to do that filtering for you... and
> > > setting up IPSec.
> >
> > Yes.  And I'm saying that's the kind of thing we'd have
> > to do (automatically, behind the scenes) to make it
> > safe to deploy Avahi.
>
> Wait, Ubuntu can automatically do IPsec? How?

Can't now, but I can imagine doing a limited automatic setup
just for Avahi.  It would prompt for a "network password" at installation
time, and then secure only Avahi packets with IPSec.  It would be
really dumb, but might suffice to keep the neighbor kid from spoofing
a printer (or worse) on you.
- Dan