Migration Assistant

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Wed Jul 5 17:26:13 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 11:24 +0200, Jordi Massaguer i Pla wrote:
> what about that?
>
> Bob could run half of the installer from Windows, by
> using instlux (http://instlux.sourceforge.net) and the
> other half using the debian installer.

Well, the MigrationAssistance page says nothing about instlux, and it is
specifically talking about the LiveCD installer (ubiquity), not d-i.
(And I didn't know about instlux).

I'd also find it much more user friendly not to have to boot into
windows to run instlux first, but to have everything taken care of in
ubiquity. It seems like a step easily forgotten by novice users.
(However booting into Win might be required anyway, to defragment the
partition before resizing it)

>  The second half
> could run your script.

It's not my script.