NFSv4 edgy packages

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Sat Jul 1 11:21:21 BST 2006

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is the first time I do ubuntu development and my objective is
> to keep in good shape the ubuntu packages that I maintain in debian.
>
> During the last few days, I've been working on the NFSv4 edgy
> packages: libgssapi 0.10-1, librpcsecgss 0.13-1, libnfsidmap 0.16-2
> and nfs-utils 1:1.0.8-8ubuntu1.
>
> The sync of libgssapi 0.10-1 [0] is already done, thanks to Daniel T
> Chen and Scott James Remnant.
>
> The sync of librpcsecgss 0.13-1 [1] is still waiting for something.
> I don't know what it is.
>
> The sync of libnfsidmap 0.16-2 is also done, thanks to Daniel T Chen.
>
> The new nfs-utils 1:1.0.8-8ubuntu1 is available at [2].
>
> Could someone please help me with the sync of librpcsecgss 0.13-1
> and with the review/upload of nfs-utils 1:1.0.8-8ubuntu1?
>
> [0] https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/libgssapi/+bug/51334
> [1] https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/librpcsecgss/+bug/51347
> [2] http://users.monash.edu.au/~anibal/ubuntu/nfs-utils/
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Aníbal Monsalve Salazar

Note that nfs-utils needs a patch from CITI when used with
libnfsidmap-0.16:

http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/nfs-utils-patches/1.0.8-3/nfs-utils-1.0.8-014-svcgssd_nobody_name_mapping.dif

see this thread:

http://linux-nfs.org/pipermail/nfsv4/2006-June/004562.html

--
hopefully these packages might eventually get in dapper-backports, so that
I don't need to maintain my own :)