boottime increased again

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 03:47:52 GMT 2006

WOW!  1:25 bootchart?  Mine's 0:24.  It looks like you're spending an
insane amount of time just doing hardware detection in the initrd ( ~44
seconds before the real init runs ).  Are you getting any kind of odd
dmesg errors during this time?

Then once the main system starts coming up, I see several fscks in there
and evms stuff.  I assume you are using evms?  Seems like that is doing
a lot of work it shouldn't need to.

For reference I'm running an athlon 64 3200+ ( 2 years old now, socket
774 I think it was, before 939 ), 1 gig of corsair low latency pc3200
sdram, and booting from a hardware fakeraid raid0 of 2 x 10,000 rpm 36
gig WD raptor drives partitioned as:

1 - 40 gigs NTFS winder's partition ( never use anymore )
2 - (extended partition)
3 - 10 gig experimental partition ( alternate OSes and such )
5 - 50 MB /boot  ext2
6 - 1 gig swap   swap
7 - 22 gig /     reiserfs