Just tried Dapper and...

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Mon Jan 16 19:59:04 GMT 2006

I just loaded the latest daily build of Dapper and it looks very nice.
A couple of things.

The update manager was extremely slow and used up 4.xx of cpu according
to top.

I notice Nautilus doesn't remember window sizes and placement according
to folder viewed.  I'm hoping this is going to be fixed before the final
release.  Currently the only way to do this is strict spacial view.  I
looked back through the list archives and see that apparently users were
going to be able to do this or set the style of view (spacial/browser)
per folder.  Is this still the plan?  Setting style of view
(spacial/browser) per folder would be very cool, however if the browse
mode would remember window size and position per folder that would at
least be better.

Cheers all and good work on Dapper it looks great so far.

George Farris   farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College