Menus revisited

John Nilsson john at milsson.nu
Thu Jan 12 08:36:56 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 18:05 +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> (a) is an issue because we removed the tickbox from the logout dialog.
> It's also the strongest argument in favour of keeping the preferences.
> I'd argue that this suggests we should put the tickbox back and get rid
> of the preferences.

Why is this an issue at all? Is there any good reason for the computer
_not_ to restore state? A better alternative might be to provide a
somewhat nicer interface than system-monitor to kill processes to not
restore.

Say one list for applications with menu entries, and an "advanced" or
"other" button/tab for the rest? Maybe a third tab for panel stuff...

> 6) Why is most of "Removable drives and media" not part of "Preferred
> applications"?

Why isn't everything related to default apps in "Preferred
applications"? (.mailcap and friends, default mime handlers, etc...)

Regards,
John