Malone transition for "main" and "restricted"

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Thu Jan 12 07:26:30 GMT 2006

On 11/01/06 at 15:14 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, January 11, 2006 12:15, James Henstridge wrote:
> >   "So this is it, we're going to die" - Arthur Dent.
>
> Good quote :-)
>
> > As of 2006-01-13, we will be switching to Malone for all bug
> > reporting.  To avoid race conditions while doing the conversion, at
> > 12:00 UTC the Bugzilla database will be locked to new entries.  All
> > Bugzilla accounts will be made read-only, and will stay this way.
>
> I don't want to be a PITA, but I have to ask: why now?

I've been using Malone for quite some time to track universe bugs. While
it is usable, it still needs a lot of love. There are 204 bugs opened on
malone itself[0], and some of them are quite annoying.

[0] https://launchpad.net/products/malone/+bugs

For example, I came across this yesterday: There's no bug listed on
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-backgrounds/+bugs,
while
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-backgrounds/+bug/6684
should obviously have been listed.

On one hand, by switching to Malone now for all reporting, we will
quickly be able to report all the nasty bugs that prevent Malone from
rocking.

But on the other hand, with 204 open bugs, the Malone team seems to
have problems keeping up. And with Launchpad being closed-source AFAIK,
we can't expect people to jump in and start sending patches.
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |