Killer feature

George Farris farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca
Fri Jan 6 16:39:45 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-01 at 16:45 +0800, Jerome Gotangco wrote:
> Gnome App Install does this currently, with Adobe Acrobat Reader (in
> multiverse) for example and could be a model for other apps to come.

I've installed Ubuntu on many peoples workstations and one of the
complaints I always get is: "Ya know that app installed shows all sorts
of apps that look like shit when I install them and they don't run the
same way".  They are of course referring to the "other" desktop apps.
If you are in GNOME and install KDE apps or if you are in KDE and
install GNOME apps.

A nice feature IMHO would be if one was able to limit the apps to gtk or
qt if desired.  Of course installing KDE apps under GNOME would go along
way if there was a human theme for them.  Right now they just look
horrible.

Not complaining just passing along user observations.