Useful Disks Manager feature spec

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 4 03:33:04 GMT 2006

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 08:51:21AM -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I've noticed that the disks manager applet could use a lot of
> improvement.  After thinking about it some, I believe I've identified
> what's missing and what's seriously broken.  A draft of the feature spec
> to be added to launchpad is here:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UsefulDisksManagerSpec
>
> I'd like some feedback before I put it into launchpad tomorrow.

The existing Design section is more a description of the scope; it describes
some high-level goals but not how they should be implemented.  Much of the
text has the format of a suggestion, even with multiple possibilities.  A
specification should reflect the final decision, the result of any necessary
discussion.

It's a good starting point for discussion, but couldn't be implemented
by a developer as-is.

--
 - mdz