2c about the development of ubuntu

Udo 'Robos' Puetz robos at muon.de
Tue Jan 3 14:49:52 GMT 2006

On Tue, 03.01.06, Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Except that if kde wouldn't be in "main" then they would have even more
> > time. My _whole_ point.
>
> Apart from the little detail that kubuntu is a volounteer effort so it
> takes no time away from the paid staffs work efforts. Just because
> something is in main does not mean it is maintained or updated by the
> core staff...

As Daniel just said above you:
"Jonathan Riddell and to some degree Stephan Hermann work on KDE"
And I presume they are core staff. And this tidbit from the ubuntu page:
"Ubuntu support agreements include full support for packages in main"
(http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/supportoptions/paidsupport/)
So something doesn't fit again. And 2 people (1 1/2 plus 1/2 person from the
rest) is 10% of the overall resources. I think this is quite a lot.
Cheers
Udo

> Regards,
>
> --
> Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com>

Robos -
gpg --recv-keys --keyserver blackhole.pca.dfn.de 6EEADA09