Alternative Init System

Scott James Remnant scott at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 28 10:00:28 GMT 2006

People, please take this thread away from ubuntu-devel.

It's already been established that we're not going to replace sysvinit
for dapper, both on this list and in the specifications drawn up at UBZ.

I suggest you work together off-list to evaluate the different
replacements, and create a Wiki page summarising what you find out and
what effect each one has.

That can that perform the basis for BOFs at the next Summit, and
possible be the foundation for considering replacing sysvinit in dapper
+1.

Thanks,

Scott
--