Alternative Init System

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Sun Feb 26 22:52:20 GMT 2006

On zo, 2006-02-26 at 16:29 -0600, Rocco Stanzione wrote:

> I'd be surprised if this hasn't been brought up before, but since I
> haven't seen it I'd like to mention it here.  My experience with
> supervisor-style init systems, specifically runit-run, has left me
> with the opinion that the sysV system has served its purpose and is
> ready to be replaced.

I agree very much. However, at this point in the release cycle it's
sort-of a moot point to talk about it. If I remember correctly Scott
James Remnant has plans for an alternative to SysV init for dapper+1.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReplacementInit is quite empty though.
--
Dennis K.
  - Linux for human beings: http://www.ubuntu.com