Gnome Screensaver issues?

Dana Olson dana at ubuntustudio.com
Fri Feb 24 23:33:43 GMT 2006

On 2/22/06, Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also it is still not clear what screensaver will actually activate on
> timeout and whether other tools (totem, mplayer, xine, tvtime, ...)
> will be able to stop gnomescreensaver from activation when needed.
>
> Both these problems must be solved before even considering switching
> to gnomescreensaver.

Well, does Frozen Bubble count? Because I was playing a great game of
FB the other day, and I got to about level 17 or 18 I think it was
before the screensaver kicked in, and I was not able to get back to
the game... I had to his escape a few times for the screensaver to go
away, and when my screen came back, it was at the "Enter your name"
dialog that you get when you quit your game. I was not happy.

Dana