NexentaOS (elatte) Alpha 3 released

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 23 13:17:17 GMT 2006

Hello everybody,

Am Donnerstag, den 23.02.2006, 07:27 -0500 schrieb John Richard Moser:
> Oh it boots faster, yeah.  The more responsive thing, I'm not seeing; I
> launch a program and it goes *groan* :(

This is a post I did on ubuntu-desktop at lists.ubuntu.com yesterday as
well. In my opinion, it fits here too:

I don't want to be rude and maybe your mail just came with a very bad
timing.

The mailing lists are full at the moment, it takes too much time to read
through them all. We are in a very hard timing for the development of
the distribution, Feature Freeze is today and urgent decisions have
to be made.

Please let's try all to (and I don't say that to you alone):

      * be very focused about problems
      * propose solutions
      * don't discuss for discussion's sake
      * maybe try to move the forming of an idea to a wiki page
      * make every creative effort you can to keep the noise / fact
        ratio at a reasonable level
      * use the bug tracker for bugs
      * stop ranting

Sorry Richard, if I picked your mail for this, but the situation
justified it.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel