Media testing!

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:11:32 GMT 2006

On 2/22/06, Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> we all love movies and we all want to make Dapper work as nicely as
> possible.
>
> As some of you might have noticed, in Dapper packages with funny names
> like gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad, gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly and
> gstreamer0.10-plugins-good recently turned up. With gstreamer 0.10 we
> got the shiniest and nicest media framework in.
>
> What we need it testing and feedback from everybody: do your movies work
> as their supposed to? Just try totem-gstreamer and the
> totem-gstreamer-firefox-plugin and see how they cope with your movies

My one true test is the Go Open TV series, sponsored by Canonical :)

Breezy's totem  plays them  but I never managed to get  Dapper's totem
to work properly on them.  It's getting better, now at least I can see
the video, but the aac sound is still not accessible.

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gstreamer0.10/+bug/29269

--
Daniel Robitaille