Xgl in Dapper

Philip Axer paxer at nyware.de
Tue Feb 21 13:07:57 GMT 2006

Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Sounds rocking. An alternative would be to add a [x] option in the GDM
> options menu that does this too, so you could have bling with any of
> your other existing sessions, but I don't know how hard that would be.
>
> Mark

What is about AIGLX? It might possibly have some advantages over Xgl.
Regarding to [1] it should be easy possible to turn off the 3D features.
The other thing is, that AIGLX seems to be developed with the X.org
community, and Xgl is an Novell intern development.

Philip

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/aiglx