Gnome Notifications

Trent Lloyd trentl at hostaway.net.au
Tue Feb 21 03:01:24 GMT 2006

Hi Lukas,

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 10:36, Lukas Sabota wrote:
> That's great!  That is just what I was looking for.  Do you know if
> there are python bindings for libnotify?

notification-daemon uses dbus, and the python dbus bindings have awesome
introspection which means you can pretty much use it like an object (assuming
notification-daemon supports the introspection stuff)

For example code, you way wish to look at service-discover-applet which is in
python and makes some notifications.
(http://0pointer.de/~sebest/service-discovery-applet-0.3.1.tar.gz)

Cheers,
Trent