mkinitrd -o initrd.img challenge

cchitty at optusnet.com.au cchitty at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 10 02:52:13 GMT 2006

Hi Team

Sorry to bug you with a newbie request, absolutely new to linux, would love to have a windows free zone on at least part of the system.

The post describes the hardware and raid challenge
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=82466&highlight=dl380

Have been reading the posts particulary  Jeff Bailey's excellent ones.

I am attempting to setup on the compaq dl380 9requires raid) and need to get the mkinitrd command right.

Have done the nano and added the cpqarray ok, mangled the rest of the instruction :-(

could you tell me the correct sequence for the mkinitrd command and which file to change and the location of the file, and what to change for grub as well.

Much appreciated

Craig

not waving, drowning