Gnome Screensaver issues?

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 04:31:36 GMT 2006

Well, I have looked at the traffic on screensaver-list at gnome.org
and gnome-devel at gnome.org and, from what I have seen, there
seems little likelihood that any work will happen to get the xscreensaver
hacks that need a path to an image directory to work correctly.
This a pretty big failing in gnome-screensaver, since it breaks
six or seven of the screensavers.  At least, I haven't found a way to
get GLSlideshow to display pictures.  It seems to me that, at the
very least, all the GL screensavers that pull pictures from a direrctory
should be made to pull pictures from the same directory as the
new gnome-screensaver "Pictures folder" screensaver.