Gnome Screensaver issues?

Diamond Software diamondsw at mac.com
Tue Feb 21 03:00:46 GMT 2006

I've been following the issues regarding Gnome Screensaver on the
Ubuntu community forums, and just wanted to raise it here prior to
the UI freeze (as suggested). In a nutshell, many screensavers
require options to be configured and the Gnome Screensaver has no way
of setting these. Performance and responsiveness have also been noted
as problems.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=120071

I tend to agree with the concerns and feel that Gnome Screensaver,
while great strides forward in usability and integration, may not be
mature enough for use in the distribution yet.

  - Joshua Ochs