Dapper installation notes/Stuff that needs fixing

Marco Cabizza mc at newglobal.it
Wed Feb 15 16:08:10 GMT 2006

Il giorno mer, 15/02/2006 alle 12.56 -0300, Santiago Roza ha scritto:
> On 2/15/06, Marco Cabizza <mc at newglobal.it> wrote:
>
> > I TOTALLY agree, as Debian has the non-US CD.
> > Anyway, that's a good solution I guess, mostly because it's
> > legal in 95% countries of planet Earth.
>
> maintaining two cds is a hassle and will generate many problems; i
> guess that's why they don't want to go down that road.
>
> of course it would have its advantages, though.

I can't find disadvantages, that's why practicity is not the reason. It
would not give legal issues, and due to the modular arch of GST - which
is the new black for media handling, whenever it'll be stable enough to
do pretty much every basic stuff with no trouble - the whole thing is
easy and it just requires a few more packages to be stuck into a CD.

I once got a reply which states "Ubuntu has to be free and legal for
everyone", or something similar. If that is the opinion, well, I may
respect it, but I still don't agree :)

~marco