Synaptic without broadband Internet

Toni Pizà servomac at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:59:01 GMT 2006

IMHO, the best solution is to provide (to those users who only had a
Windows-based system with broadband, because unfortunatelly a lot of people
is in this situation) a program that works fine in Windows and doesn't need
a petition to the Synaptic or another GNU/Linux application.

I'm going to try to explain me better, because my english is horrible :P.
What I'm trying to say is that we need a application that could run over
Windows, where you can choose your distribution and the package that you
want to install, and the application must download the package, and all his
dependences (don't matter if it's a deb, a rpm or another package type),
putting them together in a single file (maybe a compressed .tar?), joining a
script made by the application that allows the user to install all the
dependences and the program with a simple execution. Then the user could
move the file with all the packages from Windows to his GNU/Linux system,
and install them with the script.

Of course, this should be done too for the GNU/Linux systems, but we don't
should forget the poor half-Windows users. I can not do the work, because
I'm just a noob, but this doesn't seem too much difficult, doesn't it?

--
"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix. I don't think
that this is a coincidence."