what is the reason for not making epiphany the default browser?

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 07:01:57 GMT 2006

On 2/11/06, MadMan2k <madman2k at gmx.de> wrote:
> Carey O'Shea wrote:
> > The one thing I liked Epiphany was the nice GNOME icons/theme as a
> > browser. However, Firefox looks just as "integrated" with GNOME when
> > using theme: http://gnomefx.mozdev.org. Any comments on this theme being
> > default?
> this will do as long as the user will stick to the default gnome theme,
> but what if he switches?
> Epiphany will automatically adopt those icons as well while you will
> have to search for an appropriate icon theme on firefox first.
> _that_ is what the integration thing is about...

Why, oh why, do some Gnome people insist on cramming their frickin
UI choices down user's throats?  Look, people would not be downloading
and installing themes unless they preferred them!
For what it's worth, I think the gnomefx icons are ghastly.
The Nuvola, Lush and Clearlooks sets are great, that is just my opinion.
Gnome has some excellent graphics.  Obviously, people like choice.
What I have to wonder is why theming hasn't been enabled for Epiphany.
Epiphany, AKA the browser that strips out the flexibility and user
empowerment of Firefox.  Great.  Another advance for Gnome usability.

Not.
           Miles