tip of the day?

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 10:56:19 GMT 2006

On 2/8/06, Alvin Thompson <alvin-ubuntu at thompsonlogic.com> wrote:

> has anyone thought about adding a 'tip of the day' dialog in ubuntu
> dapper? it could pop up when you log in to gnome or print when you log
> in to the console, and should be trivial to implement.
>
> obviously, the first tip should explain that there's no root password
> and about 'sudo', since that's the most common new user question asked
> on the list by far. subsequent tips could explain other common questions
> or mention cool features that new users may not realize exist (like tab
> completion).

As long as the tip is  positioned in a unobstrusive way, that's fine. I
myself read program tips from time to time; it's curious, because when I
read a useful tip, I usually click the 'next tip' button (it's usually
there) to read a few more. Just out of curiosity.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com