lock on lid closure

Aigars Mahinovs aigarius at debian.org
Tue Feb 7 14:47:11 GMT 2006

On 2/7/06, Flavio Martins <xhaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm new to Ubuntu, I was a Debianer. Which packages should get the bug on
> > dapper that it is no longer locking the screen when the Lid is closed?
> I'd bet it's gnome-screensaver. If you think this is a bug file it in
> malone.

There seem to be many bugs with gnome-screensaver not doing the same
as the xscreensaver, for example it seem that totem-xine and mplayer
can not stop gnome-screensaver from activating, while they worked fine
with xscreensaver.

And I also have the lid issue - I installed clean dapper flight 3 and
then restored my home from backup. I appears that no screensaver
daemon was launched anymore. That probably is also related to
xscreensaver vs. gnome-screensaver problems.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius at debian.org
  |     .''`.         Debian GNU/Linux              LAKA         |
 |    : :' :      http://www.debian.org  &  http://www.laka.lv  |