lock on lid closure

Alejandro Bonilla abonilla at linuxwireless.org
Tue Feb 7 01:25:08 GMT 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 00:52:00 +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote
> In the screensaver preferences, disable "Lock screen when
> screensaver is active". I'm not sure if this will be the final setup
> for dapper yet.

No, that's not it. I used to get that nice screen lock from Ubuntu that said
my name and asked for a Password.

It was an small square that came up by just closing the Lid. I did not change
anything so it must have been a bug that came with the latest apt fetched files.

I think is independent from the screensaver as if I close it only for 3
seconds, It used to not show and screensaver, just the Dialog asking for the
password and then a nice fade into the desktop ;-)

.Alejandro