gdm menu

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 03:19:01 GMT 2006

On 2/3/06, Sandis Neilands <sandisn at gmail.com> wrote:
> * The name 'Options" gives an impression that there is something
> underneath to configure gdm itself, not to turn off computer, etc.

I have to agree with this.  When the GDM theme was updated I figured
it was broken and I was waiting for an update to fix it.  I expect to
find options under "Options" not actions.

It was also more appealing before.  It just looked better.  Better
aesthetic balance or something.  I could see hiding Language and
Sessions under options, maybe.  It could also be desirable to hide
"Shut Down" and "Reboot" under something like "Actions" (they should
also be completely hidden if they are not possible... perhaps they
already are?).

- Andrew