Notification suggestion...

Ben Woosley Ben.Woosley at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Feb 4 02:31:56 GMT 2006

So I know this isn't the proper way to submit patches, but for now I'm
claiming ignorance.  I'd be happy to read up on the proper (presumably
launchpad-based) alternative.

To remove the extra whitespace below the notifications, as discussed
earlier:

Starting at line 45 of standard/theme.c in notification-daemon-0.3.2...

#define WIDTH         300
#define MIN_HEIGHT    100
#define IMAGE_SIZE    48
#define IMAGE_PADDING 10

can be changed to this:

#define IMAGE_SIZE    48
#define IMAGE_PADDING 10
#define WIDTH         300
#define MIN_HEIGHT    IMAGE_SIZE + (2 * IMAGE_PADDING)

Which should fix the extra white-space issue.  For lack of experience in
debugging debian packages and such, I haven't been able to test this but
the code looks friendly to me.

I'd appreciate if someone could point me to some developer
documentation, that could tell me how to properly debug packages, and
eventually commit to them.  I mean, I can install it and just run it,
but that's not ideal.  I'll probably set up a separate environment for
that sort of thing.  Anybody know any good resources?

And if you feel like testing the above out for me I'd appreciate it.

Regards,
Ben Woosley