Java coding standards

Fatal Error the.fatal.error at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:14:07 GMT 2006

Hello Ubuntu-Devs,

this is my first post to the list, after using ubuntu right from the start I felt it was time to contribute to the - in
my opinion most promising - linux distribution. I´d like to excuse for my english, I´m not a native speaker but I try to
do my best :) . Here´s my first question, which could not be answered neither by the Ubuntu wiki nor by Google: are there
any recommended coding standards for ubuntu projects? Like "one has to use the GNU Java coding standards for a pure Java
project"? Is it sufficient to use an arbitrary coding scheme, and use this scheme consistently throughout the code?

I have plans for some Java projects that might be nice additions to the universe repos, so before I start to evolve my
ideas and put them down into code I´d like to know if there are any special rules I have to follow....

so long,
many greetings