CD image size recovery suggestions

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Wed Aug 30 20:01:18 BST 2006

Corey Burger wrote:

> Lets step outside our own usecase. How many users actually use vim?
> (Hint:This mailing list is very a bad sample). I would wager more
> users use IRC and yet we removed xchat (for good reason).  If users
> need an editor, nano works for that.

I agree, a console text editor is needed for those drastic recovery
situations. vim is unusable for most people, yet nano is intuitive
enough for most people to get by with.

FWIW I prefer vim, but I'll "apt-get install vim" if I want it.
Just don't let them make nano a dependency of ubuntu-desktop for
heaven's sake.

--
Tristan Wibberley - "it" is the preferred noun of an abated intellect.

These opinions are my own, and do not reflect those of my employer.