CD image size recovery suggestions

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Mon Aug 28 17:53:40 BST 2006

Manu Cornet wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> example-content has the 11MB "Experience ubuntu.ogg" video. This was
>> sort of a Dapper special, and I wonder if it makes sense to keep it
>> around forever.
>
> I reencoded the video to make it 3.4 M (instead of 10.6 M) while
> losing very little quality. Here it is:
>
> http://www.manucornet.net/pub/Experience_Ubuntu_smaller.ogg

http://maihem.org/media/Experience_Ubuntu_smaller2.ogg

I noticed that the video is at a low framerate but still has 25 fps
(essentially duplicated frames). I've managed to get what I think is
very marginally higher quality than the above at only 2.6M by decimating
the input to 12.5 fps (I've also encoded the audio with only one channel
and probably a lower quality than your version).

--
Tristan Wibberley - "it" is the preferred noun of an abated intellect.

These opinions are my own, and do not reflect those of my employer.