CD image size recovery suggestions

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 28 09:06:18 BST 2006

Colin Watson wrote:
> example-content has the 11MB "Experience ubuntu.ogg" video. This was
> sort of a Dapper special, and I wonder if it makes sense to keep it
> around forever. Perhaps, now that most people who would see it in Edgy
> have seen it already, we should move it out to a separate package and
> drop it from the CDs. Mark, what do you think?

Manu's resampling has helped a great deal (provided is still plays well
on default CDs/installs). At this size I think it carries its weight.

I propose we consider the book content for removal though, that's
another 3-4 MB. That certainly was a Dapper special and it overlaps a
fair bit with the installed documentation.

- Henrik