Optimized kernel builds: the straight dope

Jamie Jones hentai_yagi at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 24 10:01:13 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 01:24 -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> Any additional data you can provide through your own observations is welcome
> in this discussion.

I've tried now asking for detailed instructions on how to reproduce
this, ideally with Ben's config for contest, twice now. Both replies I
got have not provided something I can use to add more data to validate
or refute the decision.

That being the case, my interest in providing feedback wanes, when I
feel that my request (as simple as it is) is not deemed worthy of an
answer.

My observations thus far ? A decision was made on the data points of two
boxes, and was posted as a formality to the list. Requests for specific
details on how to reproduce the results have been ignored as evidently
that data is not desired, even if it may ultimately validate your
decision.

Regards,
Yagisan
--
GPG/PGP signed mail preferred. No HTML mail. No MS Word attachments
PGP Key ID 0x4B6E7209