Serious bug ... xserver-xorg-core update kills X

Rocco Stanzione grasshopper at linuxkungfu.org
Wed Aug 23 07:09:04 BST 2006

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 12:40 am, Charl Fourie wrote:
<snip>
> Just to state my point again, I would sincerely like to cast my vote for
> having a pre-update yum repository (and would be one of those early
> birds myself to be using it.)  If the Ubuntu community is serious about
> reaching the corporate community at large and alleviating risk for them,
> I cannot think of a more excellent solution.

Why would it need to be a yum repository?  Why not something like a -pending
repository that functions similarly to -updates or -security, available to
apt-get, enabled only by those of us willing to tolerate and help fix issues
like this one, or by those affected by a bug whose fix is available in that
repository and want the new package as quickly as possible?

Rocco