Automatic GRUB installation only if GRUB isn't already installed

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 22 14:23:15 BST 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 03:08:00PM +0200, Mgr. Peter Tuharsky wrote:
> Besides, Microsoft is doing the same and I don't think anybody likes
> that ;o)

They do this for the same reason: most users don't know or care what a boot
loader is, and would be confused by the question.

The solution that Colin and I agreed on is to provide an advanced options
button at an appropriate place in the installer to allow the user to change
this behaviour.

--
 - mdz