Accepted firefox 1.99+2.0b1+dfsg-1ubuntu2 (source)

Frank Schoep frank at ffnn.nl
Mon Aug 14 22:18:23 BST 2006

On Aug 14, 2006, at 7:45 PM, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 04:40:28PM -0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
>>  firefox (1.99+2.0b1+dfsg-1ubuntu2) edgy; urgency=low
>>  .
>>    * Put libfreebl3 in /usr/lib, not /usr/lib/firefox;
>>      it's part of libnss3.  This fixes Malone #56202.
>>    * Disable main menu File / Import again; it seems that the
>> Organise
>>      Bookmarks import is going to be fixed and not the main menu one.
>>      (See Mozilla Bugzilla #347956, #117844; Debian #350599.)
>>    * Remove default theme setting; this can now be done by the
>>      theme package creating another *.js file in /etc/firefox/pref.
>>      This means we don't need to depend on firefox-themes-ubuntu.
>>      (We Break older versions of firefox-themes-ubuntu.)
>>    * Relax version dependency from firefox to libnss and libnspr,
>>      since these remain largely binary compatible.
>
> Have you discussed with Frank that the theme needs to be updated?
> Firefox
> claims it's incompatible with the new version.

This point came up during the last development team meeting.
Basically I'm happy to work on getting the theme compatible with
Firefox 2 as soon as we need it, just give me a sign. One thing that
might cause problems is that it may be kind of hard to implement a
theme that supports both Firefox versions. Instead, I think it'll be
faster to implement a separate set of themes for Firefox 2, if that's
an option.

Sincerely,

Frank