sources for the luks/dm-crypt passord request at gnome start

rupert rupertt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 17:34:49 BST 2006

Hello, im reight now coding a small GUI for my crypted disks and I am at a
point with my application where i exactly need the code for the function
that runs when you have encrypted disks and start gnome.
I mean the password request for the LUKS devices that pops up when gnome is
starting on my ubuntu/dapper machine.
i looked though the gnome cvs but thats way to much to handle.
EDIT: a guy from the GTK-app-dev list told that this is not in the usual
gnome tree.

My goal:
In my code i want to execute a cryptsetup shellcommand which gives you an
password request after starting,
i found the gnome_password_dialog, but this doesnt seem the right, because
there is no user needed in my request.
Just for testing I started coding a small gtk_dialog, but at the point where
i have to pass the password to the cryptsetup command I am stuck, so I would
like to take a look at the code you use for the password request.

thx

rupert