Most offensive thing I've seen all day

Peter Whittaker pwwnow at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 23:16:16 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-08 at 16:51 -0400, Patrick McFarland wrote that
> http://www.christianubuntu.com was somehow offensive....

How is this offensive? I found it surprising (and tacky but that's just
the knee-jerk reaction based on my upbringing and unresolved personal
issues, and certainly no fault of theirs), but not offensive.

It would become offensive only if Christian Ubuntu were somehow to
become a direct tool of promulgation of a particular religious or
spiritual philosophy that was at odds with "humanity to others" (and not
merely used as a tool for making promulgatory (sp?) material).

So long as the Christian Ubuntu community doesn't exclude specific
Christian communities, or target other religious or non-religious
communities, then I don't have a problem with it....

Trademark issues definitely belong on -legal, though.

pww