Powersaving on VIA C3-based systems

Hervé Fache Herve at lucidia.net
Mon Aug 7 14:31:41 BST 2006

[I don't know anymore what is -devel and what's not, so let me know if
I am in the wrong place.]

I have noted that the longhaul cpufreq driver was not compiled in
Dapper kernels. Indeed, it got marked broken in 2.6.17 thus showing
that this was a wise decision.

Now, that means that my Media Center is running hotter, using more
power than it should (playing DVDs hardly uses the CPU on these
boxes).

I can see that 2.6.18 has seen some worked done on this driver, and it
is not marker broken anymore, so is there a way we could have that
fixed driver in Edgy?

Cheers,
Hervé.
--
If you could see all of the stuff that was in my head I'd be the one
apologizing to you (Jim Crilly).