Palm Testers in full effect!

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 3 15:58:17 BST 2006

Hello everybody,

we always had eager Palm users and Palm Testers in Ubuntu and we're
grateful for that. Now we're trying to organise the efforts a bit and:

      * test hardware,
      * communicate with Upstream,
      * provide Howtos of best practices

For this I created the https://launchpad.net/people/palmtesters and
welcome every Palm user to add themselves to the team. Together we're
going to monitor bugs of packages offering Palm support and try to
report the issues to the upstream developers.

I created some wiki pages at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PalmTesters and
hope they will help to organise the efforts.

Edgy users might want to test a new version (2.0.14 prerelease) of
gnome-pilot. I uploaded i386 and amd64 packages to
http://people.ubuntu.com/~dholbach/pilot/ and hope they will work nicely
for you.

I also CCed Matt Davey who works on gnome-pilot himself.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel