Mono required by ubuntu-desktop

Lakin Wecker lakin.wecker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 23:46:17 BST 2006

On 8/1/06, Dmitriy Kropivnitskiy <nigde at mitechki.net> wrote:

> Scott Dier wrote:
> > Dmitriy Kropivnitskiy wrote:
> >> Ooh. I am not a RAM fetishist, so when my browser takes 200MB res I
> >> think it is OK (after all I have 30+ tabs open and haven't closed it
> >> in a few days). But 22MB for sticky notes?! OMFG!
> >
> > 22MB is a small price to pay for a portable and searchable (by beagle)
> > wiki. :)
> >

> Tell me in all honesty, that you need a portable searchable wiki on your
> own workstation

I do.  I can't imagine going to a meeting and taking notes without it.  I
have a fair bit of information in tomboy and am grateful for it on a daily
basis.

and you think most users will ever have need of the wiki
> functionality.

I can't speak for all users.   But, any user which has to take notes on a
regular basis will benefit from tomboy's features. It makes searching for
notes on particular topics and finding related information quick, natural
and easy.

My 2c:
I still agree with Sebastien,   Edgy is about bells and whistles.  Those of
us who own computers with less RAM should be making an effort to reduce
memory usage of these new apps, rather than expecting edgy to ship with
older less feature-full apps.  Ubuntu 6.06 LTS is here for awhile.  Use it.
Especially if you don't need any of the new bells and whistles and have a
computer with less memory.  We have plenty of time to fix the memory usage
of these apps before Ubuntu 6.06 LTS is phased out.

Lakin