Test plan application [Was: Quality Control Suggestion]

Simon Law sfllaw at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 28 15:12:18 BST 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 07:57:23AM -0400, Richard Kleeman wrote:
> Yeah that sounds like a really neat idea. Perhaps a script that runs
> through the software list with a set of test input files and the ability
> to file sensible error reports and allow manual interventions as well
> (html or php output?).
>
> A lot of the problem with getting volunteer participation is general
> "laziness". A semi-automated script would be possibly a big help with that.

I've sort of got an idea about an automated system to write.  But I'm
just a wee bit busy with Dapper's release right now.  :)

> Meanwhile as a first step if Simon and you guys think it useful, I will
> attempt to compile a "desktop testing software list" on the Ubuntu forum.

Either there, or on the Wiki.  Don't discount the fact that people can
edit Wiki pages to make them better!

> Of course I don't want to step on anyones toes here (or waste any time
> ;-)) so feedback from Simon would be great.

I think it's a marvellous idea!  Please feel free to jump in and help.

Cheers,
--
Simon Law                                 http://www.law.yi.org/~sfllaw/