Bug Voting

Rocco Stanzione grasshopper at linuxkungfu.org
Tue Apr 25 18:38:20 BST 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 12:15 pm, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> A partial means to address this is via bug subscription.  Rather than
> silently "voting" for a bug, subscription registers interest in what is
> happening with the bug, and (hopefully) a willingness to participate in the
> conversation to help resolve it.
>
> While we don't have a means to rank bugs by number of subscribers yet, I
> regularly consider this information when examining bugs individually.

If what we're really looking for is another way for important bugs to get the
visibility they need, I think this is a fantastic idea.  It would serve
pretty much the same purpose as a voting system with less work on Malone and
without reinventing wheels etc.  If we could sort bugs by # of subscriptions,
and if we could get the word out that you improve a bug's visibility by
subscribing to it (and if subscriptions could move appropriately when a bug
is duped), we have a very useful improvement.

Rocco Stanzione