Bug Voting

Keith Curtis keithcu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 12:47:25 BST 2006

On 4/25/06, Sitsofe Wheeler <sitsofe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bug voting sounds nice and fair but I simply don't believe it works
> unless it's intent is as a placebo to placate users (which is a fairly
> good point for implementing it in the first place I suppose...).

Work should never be done simply to placate users. That is a waste of time
and never works.

If Ubuntu's Release Managers need help prioritizing bugs, they could use
that as a mechanism. However, how do you choose between a ton of important
bugs? I think they just need more help triaging, debugging and working with
the upstreams. If Ubuntu had 10x as many developers, they would be just as
busy for a good period of time. Maybe the development team should double
everytime the userbase does :-)